- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 3-4 TBSP coconut oil. More for softer consistency.
- 3-4 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons minced Conifer Needles or Rosemary Needles
- 1/2 cup sea salt or dead sea salts
- 40 drops Silver Fir
- 20 drops Corsican Pine
- 10 drops grapefruit essential oil
Melt the shea butter and coconut oil on low or in a double boiler. Remove from heat.
Add the olive oil and needles.
Blend the essential oils together, then add to shea and coconut oils and stir well.
Let cool until it becomes solid. If you leave this on the counter this can take 4-5 hours. Cool in fridge to shorten time.
Once it is solid (but still soft), use a hand blender and blend on high until the mixture becomes thick.
Gently stir in the salt and transfer to a jar.
This salt scrub will keep for up to six months.
Yield: Makes roughly 1.5 cups of salt scrub