- 4 cups organic old fashioned rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups sliced almonds, pecans, walnuts, mac nuts or your favorite nut
- ½ cup sunflower and/or pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- ½ - 1 cup coconut flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 TBSP maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- small handful dried fruits total such as cherries, blueberries, dates, cranberries
- *Optional 80% or higher dark chocolate chips
Combine all oats, nuts and seeds, coconut flakes, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl, toss well.
If coconut oil is not liquid, in a small saucepan heat coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
Spread a ½ inch layer on a baking dish and bake at 2500 for about 1 hour stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and stir in fruit (and/or dark chocolate chips, let cool. Can store in an air tight container at room temperature for one week or a freezer for up to 3 mos.