- 3-4 cups Nasturtium leaves
- 2 cups nasturtium flowers -- or if not in bloom yet use more leaves
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 - 1 cup walnuts or pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup parmesan or pecorino cheese
- 1/2 - 1 cup organic EVOO - extra virgin olive oil to desired constancy
Pick your leaves and flowers if in bloom, inspecting each one carefully.
Only choose leaves and flowers without blemishes. Wash and pat dry.
Add all ingredients except olive oil to your food processor and blend well. With the processor running drizzle in olive oil to desired consistency.
I love how you can see the color of the flowers in the blended pesto!
I served this with one (local Hawaiian fish) and rice with purple cabbage. Delicious!