- For the Broth (or use the link below):
- 6 cups bone broth or vegetarian mineral broth
- 2 onions, peeled and halved
- 4-5 whole carrots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peel on and smashed
- 2-3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Toppings and "mix ins" for the soup
- Sirloion steak or Chicken or fish or beans or tofu
- 1-2 whole zucchini, spiralized
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 cup of leafy greens
- 1⁄2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaves
- Organic sriracha, to taste
- Coconut aminos, to taste
While the soup simmers, prepare the toppings.
Place zucchini into a spiralizer and spiralize into noodles. Set aside. Chop the cilantro and onions, set aside.
If adding meat, slice beef into very thin slices, about 1⁄4 inch thick. Traditional pho would use raw meat, cooking it when you pour over the boiling broth. I would recommend you cook the meat first to a safe level, then add to the bowl.
Strain the broth and discard the solids. Return the broth to the stove to keep warm.
When you are ready to serve it, in four soup bowls, prepare each serving by adding in zucchini noodles to the bottom. Top with pho broth and add in 5-6 beef or chicken slices (or beans or tofu).
Top each bowl with desired amount of sprouts, herbs, vegetables, sriracha and coconut aminos.