- 4 cups cooked quinoa, cooled (see link below on cooking)
- 1 cup fresh green peas, lightly steamed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds (shelled)*
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp minced lemon rind
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP honey
- 2 cups fresh spinach, shredded or finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (plus a little extra)
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
Prepare the quinoa. Make sure that you wash the quinoa before cooking it. Directions on preparing it are here.
Put olive oil, lemon juice, lemon rind, basil, dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper into a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Place the cooked quinoa, peas, hemp seeds and spinach into a medium bowl and add the contents of the blender to the mix. Toss together thoroughly.
Can be served chilled or at room temperature.
Find high quality extra virgin olive oil here.
In South Central PA, you can find organic veggies here.
High quality salts, herbs, spices and seeds can be found here.