- a handful of garlic scapes -- approx. 12-18, chopped into 1" pieces
- approx. 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese - or a chunk or two, cubed
- approx. 1/2 cup Asiago cheese - or a chunk or two, cubed
- 1-2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place the garlic scapes, Parmesan cheese, Asiago cheese, lemon juice, and pine nuts in the bowl of a food processor. Drizzle the olive oil over the mixture. Blend until the pesto is a brilliant green color and smooth in texture. Season with salt and pepper.
Garlic scapes are a spring delicacy, enjoy this recipe!
You can get high quality, extra virgin olive oil from here.
High quality sea salt is available from here.