- Organic, grass-fed, full-fat butter
- Vidalia onion (or any other kind)
- 1-1/2 cups broth
- 1 TBSP fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 TBSP dried thyme)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (optional)
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine or basmati white rice
If making ahead, soak rice in water. Otherwise, rinse the rice well three times.
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add thyme and onion and sauté briefly. Stir in rice and sauté another minute or two. Pour in the broth and optional lemon juice. Bring it to a boil and drop to a simmer covered for about 15 minutes.