- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 5 cups vegetable or bone broth
- 1 medium carrot, diced into 1/4-inch cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 red potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 cups kale (or any other cabbage), rinsed, stems removed and chopped very fine
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried sage
- salt and pepper to taste
Chop garlic and onions and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their health benefits.
Heat butter, ghee, or coconut oil in a medium soup pot. Sauté onion in fat over medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
Add broth, carrots, and celery and bring to a boil on high heat. Once it comes to a boil reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 15 more minutes.
Add kale and rest of ingredients and cook another 5 minutes. If you want to simmer for a longer time for extra flavor and richness, you may need to add a little more broth.
In South Central PA, you can find organic veggies here.
Excellent culinary salts are available from here.
High quality salts, herbs & spices can be found here.