- Olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups diced leeks (white part + 1” of green)
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 TBSP fresh tarragon
- 1 TBSP fresh thyme
- Fresh ground salt and pepper
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 3 cups of diced potatoes
- 1 bunch of spinach, chopped
- Plain yogurt and fresh herbs for garnish
In a soup pot, sauté the chopped onion in olive oil over medium heat until wilted. Add leeks, celery, tarragon, thyme, salt and pepper. Briefly sauté.
Add the broth and potatoes. Cover and simmer until potatoes are cooked, approximately 15 minutes.
Add spinach and simmer 5 minutes.
Remove soup from heat, puree with a hand blender. Garnish with yogurt and herbs if desired.