Bobbi Misiti FMCHC, is known for her enthusiasm and love of health, yoga, good local organic whole food, permaculture gardening, and movement.
I combine this enthusiasm with education of the body, how it operates, and how it moves. I have dedicated my life to practicing and teaching health, nutrition, yoga, and lifestyle (food as medicine / environmental medicine).
My journey on this path began in 1990 as a self employed personal trainer, fitness instructor, and nutrition educator.
In 1996 I found the practice of Ashtanga Yoga and delve deep into the yoga path following the traditional method of old fashioned Ashtanga Yoga. Over the past 20+ years I have been studying, practicing, and teaching the ancient philosophies of yoga, breathing, meditation, and Ayurveda.
In April of 2001 I opened a yoga studio; BeFit Body & Mind YOGA, taking a giant leap on my own to teach from my heart – influencing people on the practices of yoga (including meditation/visualizations and breathing exercises), foods and herbs as nutrition and medicine — especially teaching the importance of lifestyle as a means to prevent diseases — and thrive.
In the fall of 2009 I began traveling and teaching world wide spreading the joy of yoga, physiology — our internal workings, and the importance of whole fresh foods. More info here on my travels: https://www.befityoga.com/yoga-workshops-worldwide/
I graduated from the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy, in July 2017 as a Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach, FMCHC.
Member American Herbalist Guild
I have an extensive background in anatomy, kinesiology, nutrition, yoga practices, and fitness training.
From 2001 to present I have attended hundreds of workshops and seminars around the world on improving my understanding of the body and how it works, while developing my skills as a teacher and educator. I have also logged countless hours studying from Functional Medicine doctors through their lectures, summits, articles, and workshops.
- American College of Sports Medicine H/FI – ACSM Certficate
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Triple Certified
- American Councel on Exercise Gold Certified Lifestyle & Weight Management Consultant
- American Council on Exercise Fitness Instructor
- American Council on Exercise Personal Trainer
- Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA)
From 1990-2001 I attended many hours each year of health Summits, Fitness Conventions and nutrition seminars through:
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- IDEA (International Assoc. of Fitness Professionals)
- DCAC Inc. (DC’s International Fitness/Personal Training/Mind-Body Conference and trade show)